Wandle at Phipps Bridge, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1904|
|Notes / History||This photograph, taken in 1904, shows a group relaxing near Phipps Bridge on the River Wandle. The riverside was popular with local residents from the houses in new developments that had sprung up following the sale of the Ravensbury Estate at the turn of the century.
The Estate, comprising 167 acres, was split up and the area between Mitcham Bridge and Ravensbury Mill became Ravensbury Park in the 1930s.